Monday, August 10, 2009

ICAP’s 5th AGM (Part 1)


I never miss any icapital.biz Berhad's ("ICAP") annual general meeting ("AGM") since its listing at Bursa Malaysia at year 2005. The AGM will be hold at August every year. So, last Saturday (8-Aug-2009), I went to attend the 5th AGM of ICAP together with one of my friends. Due to my effort of promoting ICAP, this was the 2nd friend who came together with me to attend the AGM. The first time I brought a friend to the AGM was last year the 4th ICAP AGM, but the friend had disposed off ICAP shares during the bear panic few months ago and thus he can't go with us this time.


The AGM was located at the 1st floor of Mandarin Oriental Hotel which is nearby the KLCC twin-tower. So it was so convenience for us to take LRT from Taman Jaya station to KLCC station. We arrived at Mandarin Oriental around 9.30 a.m. We first registered our shareholder status and the rebate door gift. The door gift was simple which is a recycle bag with ICAP's logo. Inside the bag there were some ICAP's brochure and a pen.


Subsequently, we took the refreshment prepared by the Company. It was simple refreshment come with only few breads, cakes and a cup of coffee. This could be probably because ICAP was trying to save cost for the fund owners and thus no fantastic food to avoid 'food abuse' by some '1-lot' shareowners who only care about food.


After finished the food, I took out my new bought digital camera and took some shot outside the meeting hall, of course taking 'hot and sexy' ICAP's staffs was my mission as well (one of the reason that I bought the new camera for the AGM...>_<").


The AGM started at 10 a.m. and we sat at the middle of the seat row. And I count the number of attendee and found out the number of seat could be around 400 to 500 seats (= 3 * 12 * 12 = 452). And one auntie, who was at her sixty and sat at my left hand side, asked me whether I am a reporter....What!?...%$^&*@...Maybe I was looked young, dressed casually and taking a digital camera, so I was misunderstood to be a reporter. So I sarcastically replied the old lady that I was a shareowner of ICAP since its listing and could be holding the shares longer than as she hold...>_^


(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment