Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Supermax’s AGM (1)

This morning I went to attend the Shareholder Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of Supermax Corporation Berhad (“Supermax”) at the KL Hotel Equatorial. It was my 1st time attending the AGM of Supermax. I arrived at the meeting ballroom at 9.00 a.m. and registered my attendance to the company secretary. After the registration, I noticed the company had prepared food and drink for shareholders. So I took some food and sat at the corner of the corridor that outside the ballroom.
Later, a Chinese couple, who were at their 40s, was trying to “squeeze” into the table that I was sitting at, although the table is too small for more than 2 persons. I had no problem of sharing table with others as I was going to finish my food soon, however something made me felt quite amusing and decide to stay on to observe the couple.
It was because the couple had taken so many plate of foods, at least 6 to 7 plates. They then took out bundle of used ice cream boxes from their bags and put the food inside those boxes. OMG, they “da bao” the food…>_<…The husband some more blaming his wife that: ”Aiya, it is getting more people and difficult to take more food now, I told you already that you should took more plates just now. And there is no food serving after the AGM! I will complain to the company during the meeting and told them next time the AGM should serve us the shareholders with food before and after the meeting.”
I was wondering whether this couple was pretending to be shareholders in order to cheat for food (in cantonese it is “nga sik”)! But I was wrong because I notice they had shareholder sticker and finally I come to prove myself that I had encountered the typical minority shareholders who only care about door gift and food. Maybe this couple only has purchased 1 lot of Supermax (100 units) shares with cost of RM165 (=100 * RM1.65). So they ensure they took back the amount of food and door gift which could worth more than RM165! I further noticed they took a lot of door gifts of which suppose each shareholder can entitle for 1 box only, it could be probably they request more for it.
I believe they are not only doing this kind of act at the Supermax’s AGM, they could have bought the smallest lot they could buy from many other companies and attending those companies’ AGM just for food and door gift! And they can even repeat this every year! Wow, it was an “unbelievable” couple I ever met and just wanna write this out because it was so funny…^_^
(Note: The door gift of Supermax was a box of rubber glove.)
(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment