Thursday, June 18, 2009

Personal Equity Portfolio



Currently I’m managing my personal equity portfolio that consists of 10 stocks (including an open-ended unit trust fund). All of the stocks are traded at Bursa Malaysia. 

The objective of this portfolio is to grow the invested amount via the power of compounding effect in the long run and I will pursue ‘Value Investing’ philosophy to manage this portfolio. Value Investing meaning that buying a stock at market price a discount to its intrinsic value. My definition of long run is referring to beyond 5 years. So it could say that my investing style is base on Fundamental Analysis.

This portfolio was started since January of 2007 and I am still accumulating shares into this portfolio without selling any unit of share since inception. Out of the 10 investments from the portfolio, I invest more heavily into PARKSON, ICAP, HAIO, RCECAP and TONGHER of which I intend to hold for the next 5 to 10 years unless the fundamental of the said stocks has changed dramatically. Of course, there is another reason that I liquidate certain stocks if because their market price are much higher than their underlying value. Take note that a share price increasing drastically does not indicate it is really a rally. Indeed, it could be merely a correction that to reflect the intrinsic value of the share.

I will write analysis reports regarding the shares that I have heavily invested and post it at this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment