Monday, November 15, 2010

My Update

Previously I have been sharing some investment analysis on certain stock or sharing the experience of attending AGMs, but I realised I'd be either too lazy to write so much on the same stuff and sometimes cannot recall what I have observed during the AGMs. I always can't keep on updating the long stories that I was writting and thus I trully feel sorry to those who were following my blog.

I just started a new job in an investment bank recently, and the work load becomes quite heavy lately and always work long hours, so I can't concentrate on writting long story in the blog. In view of this, from now on, I'll only write something in short and spontaneous to what I can think of. And I would like to say thank you to those friends who would be keep visting my blog once a while in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kinwing,

    Been a silent reader on your blog as well as your post in Cari. All the best in your career and do post some thoughts here once in a while.

    Cheers,
    Snowball

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kinwing,

    I'm in the IT field. I took CFA 1 and 2 few years back and had them passed. I've stopped CFA since then due to work and now I've totally lost my motivation for the final level. :P

    I always look at the financial industry from outside. I hope you could kindly share with us in your blog what you do now (generally). Are you a sell-side analyst?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    You come to so close to stop continue pursue the CFA. Anyway, the CFA is merely one of the tests in our life and you could have other more important goals to achieve instead.

    I am not a good writer and thus I can't be analyst anyhow, though it's always my interest to be an analyst.

    I have recently been very busy in work and am not able to update my blog frequently. As I am now working in the corporate finance field at an investment bank and it's the nature to work late with the corporate finance jobscope due to its project basis and tight deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kinwing,

    I'm a silent reader of your blog too. May i know which firm you work for in corporate finance? I'm a finance fresh graduate and have been always wanting to get into corporate finance. But after applying for so many companies, i don't get lucks on interview. I've tried for analysts positions but no luck as well. Where and what would you suggest me to do if i were to venture into corporate finance in the future?

    If you don't mind, could you share with us in your blog your daily routine of your job in corporate finance? are the long hours and heavy workload true? I know it varies for every companies but i would like to listen to your insights regarding corporate finance.

    And CFA qualification, is it difficult to pass all three levels? How does it compare to the papers you did in your Finance Degree?

    I know thats a lot of questions but i hope you could spare a little of your time to give me more insights on the investment banking. My passion lies in investment banking.

    Thanks,
    Victor

    ReplyDelete